Splunk Search

Send Drilldown Search to a New Window

landen99
Motivator

I want to click on an entry in a table and see the record or records behind it in a new window.
I found one question which may be similar to this (http://answers.splunk.com/answers/28208/how-to-drill-down-launch-another-search-with-parameter-from-...), but the OP brought in XML code and the answer didn't lend itself at all to what I am after.

It may be nice to have the drilldown simply launch new searches in new tabs/windows, but when I look at a row, I am mostly interested in seeing the rest of the details behind the event or events which created it without losing the search already on the screen. In many cases, having the current results up for comparison against the details of the event(s) is preferred.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...