Splunk Search

Searching by Transaction TYPE

mikefoti
Communicator

The following query finds what I would call "RejectedTrasnactions"

index="radius"  | transaction nps_Class maxspan=1s startswith=(eventtype=nps_accessRequested) endswith=(eventtype=nps_accessReqRejected)| timechart count by nps_callingStation

I use a similar query to find "AcceptedTrasnactions"

If opt to add appropriate code to transactions.conf, is there a way to gather stas based on transaction types? For example, would a query like this show me how many of each transaction type occurred per time period?

index="radius" |timechart count by transaction
Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

MarioM
Motivator

it's actually transactiontypes.conf but it only allow to call 1 transaction definition by using "... | transaction name=mytransactiondef ..." and this "name" field doesnot seems to be searchable.

Then i would try a different way either using summary indexing & marker or eval & case function

View solution in original post

0 Karma

MarioM
Motivator

it's actually transactiontypes.conf but it only allow to call 1 transaction definition by using "... | transaction name=mytransactiondef ..." and this "name" field doesnot seems to be searchable.

Then i would try a different way either using summary indexing & marker or eval & case function

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...