Splunk Search

Searches separated by Colon

ekucevic
Loves-to-Learn Everything

I source database that displays all of the info i need that is separated by colon. Example "ilruPartNumber":"12345"., "lruSoftwareVersion":"7.10.0.74". All of the info i need is separated by an " : "

What i want is to separate the search to list the Name then Number. Example ilruPartNumber = 12345.

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
| rex "\"(?<key>[^\"]+)\":\"(?<value>[^\"]+)\""
| eval {key}=value
0 Karma

ekucevic
Spoiler
I am a beginner here so alittle bit of a walk through could be necessary. 
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The rex command (without a field argument) will operate on the _raw field of each event. The regex used extracts the part before the colon into a field called key and the part afterwards into a field called value. The eval command creates a field using the name in the key field and with the value from the value field. This is the basis for extracting the field. If you want a more precise version of the command, you should share some anonymised events, that you have already retrieved with your search, so the command can be tailored to your specific case.

0 Karma

ekucevic

Hi, Thanks for your reply, I think my issue is due to quotes within quotes? No sure. Below is a sample of my search. Basically everything in red is a sample what i am searching for. 

[{"lruName":"Modem","lruType":"MBR","lruMacAddress":"00:A0:BC:72:6F:44","lruModelNumber":"MBR-5500","lruSerialNumber":"C80016506037","lruPartNumber":"1244523","lruSoftwareVersion":"M3-1.3.5.2.89_2021.06.18","lruConfigVersion":"7.10.0.38"

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

This looks like JSON, perhaps you should investigate spath as a way to extract the fields

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...