Splunk Search

Searches running in Batches and needs to be triggered once the previous search is completed

chintan_shah
Path Finder

i am creating various reports which are schedule on cron expression but i wanted to see if there is any possibilites to trigger the searches if the previous search is ran successfully.
I am running various searches which create a csv as output and my last search runs a python scripts which combines all the csv into excel.

Tags (2)
0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

If you're admin (in other words have access to _internal index), your last search (which triggers python script) can look at scheduler logs (index=_internal sourcetype=scheduler status=success savedsearch_name="YoursearchName1" OR savedsearch_name="YoursearchName2" OR ..) to check status and then fire the script action.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...