Splunk Search

Search that Compares Historical Data, then Generates a Value to say if Data Matched or Not,Compare Historical Data and Report if Two Values Don't Match

rileylsmith1997

Hey all,

I'm trying to build a search where the system takes a look at whether or not two fields match across multiple events, and if they do, perform a historical comparison of another field's value, and if those two values mismatch, give me some way of figuring out if they do. IE a "1" value in a new field, or removing the event from the report I'm generating. Basically, a breakdown is as follows:

If across multiple events, value A & value B = value A & value B, then compare whether or not value C has the same value it did in the last 96 hours. If it does NOT, either a) remove the event from the report, or b) generate a TRUE/FALSE, or maybe a "1" in a new column to be output onto a table.

Hope this makes sense. Anyone that can help would be a huge help, as this would reduce workload massively.

Thanks,

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...