Splunk Search

Search query to retrive host upon selection

imthesplunker
Path Finder

Hi,

I have 2 versions with multiple hosts containing dev and stg environment
version1 is 7.2 with host1, host2,... host10(5 dev & 5 stg hosts)
version2 is 8.1 with host1, host2,....host10(3 dev & 7 stg hosts)

I have created dropdown for version(11.2,12.1) and multiselect for enviornment(dev,stg) .
What will be the search query to retrieve host based on selection (for ex :- version1 and stg env )

0 Karma
1 Solution

gokadroid
Motivator

If you are able to search events like index=yourIndex sourcetype=yourScourcetype "11.2" (host=host1 OR host=host2) to return all events of version 11.2 for hosts host1 or host2 then follow the below approach and ensure you have following points covered:

1. Take a note of the token for your dropdown, I will call it tok_dropdown_version
  2. Take a note of the token for your multiselect, I will call it myToken
  3. Take a note of this answer on multiselect which tells you how to form a query of type (field1=value1 OR field1=value2) which in your case will be host=host1 OR host=host2 and so on (however many values will be selected from multiselect).

With these three as arsenal then your final query shall be like

index=yourIndex sourcetype=yourSourcetype $tok_dropdown_version$ ($myToken$)

View solution in original post

0 Karma

gokadroid
Motivator

If you are able to search events like index=yourIndex sourcetype=yourScourcetype "11.2" (host=host1 OR host=host2) to return all events of version 11.2 for hosts host1 or host2 then follow the below approach and ensure you have following points covered:

1. Take a note of the token for your dropdown, I will call it tok_dropdown_version
  2. Take a note of the token for your multiselect, I will call it myToken
  3. Take a note of this answer on multiselect which tells you how to form a query of type (field1=value1 OR field1=value2) which in your case will be host=host1 OR host=host2 and so on (however many values will be selected from multiselect).

With these three as arsenal then your final query shall be like

index=yourIndex sourcetype=yourSourcetype $tok_dropdown_version$ ($myToken$)
0 Karma

imthesplunker
Path Finder

This helped me .thanks

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...