Splunk Search

Search for then report top 20 requested dest_host?

chefboyardee

I am trying to write a query that will search for all the requested destination hosts and then take the search results and produce a visual report (graphic) showing the top 20 or so destinations. I'm very new to splunk so any/all help would be very appreciated. Thank you.

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

LCM
Contributor

It depends what your logfile and its entry looks like, but it could be something similar like:

• < your_search > | chart count by dest_host | sort -count

If you have your result, click on the "Build report" button on the upper right corner to create a graphical report

View solution in original post

LCM
Contributor

It depends what your logfile and its entry looks like, but it could be something similar like:

• < your_search > | chart count by dest_host | sort -count

If you have your result, click on the "Build report" button on the upper right corner to create a graphical report

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...