Splunk Search

Search for a string containing X

mmiller77
Explorer

Hi there -

I know how to search for parameters/variables that equal X value...but how to I construct a query to look for a parameter/variable containing ______?

For instance - instead of "itemId=1234", I want to search for "itemId CONTAINS 23".

Hopefully this makes sense! 🙂

Thanks in advance for your help!

Tags (2)
1 Solution

dflodstrom
Builder

What about
itemId=$23$

Except replace $ with * .... it won't let me put wildcards around 23 because of comment formatting

View solution in original post

dflodstrom
Builder

What about
itemId=$23$

Except replace $ with * .... it won't let me put wildcards around 23 because of comment formatting

mmiller77
Explorer

Thank you @dflodstrom ! it looks like that does the trick 😄

mmiller77
Explorer

Hi @dflodstrom - thanks for your feedback!

Using:

itemId=23

...will search for the parameter/variable of "itemId" only containing the value of "23". That's not what I'm trying to do here.

I'm trying to search for a parameter that contains a value...but is not limited to ONLY that value (i.e. - does not have to EQUAL that value).

Hopefully that's a bit more clear 🙂

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...