Splunk Search

Search cluster operator drill down issue

liyiou

I searched the error events and use the "cluster" operator as below:

error | cluster | table cluster_count _raw 

I got a list of clusters with the size of each cluster as below:

1   98  192.168.11.37 - - ..." 2899 4035
2   4   Apr 13 15:03:10 1.1.1.1 ... (2006-04-13 15:02:40)<000>
3   12  Jan 14 09:47:14 ...(2005-01-14 09:48:21)

Now I click the cluster size (98) to look for the 98 events in that cluster, however, there is only one event displayed. Is there anything I did wrong?

LL

Tags (2)
0 Karma

khourihan_splun
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi, I know is years later, but I have your answer ! You need to add the labelonly=t to your cluster command.

error | cluster labelonly=t showcount=t  | table cluster_count, cluster_label, _raw | sort - cluster_count

You can drill into the cluster label to get all your results.

alt text

then you get the 15 results:

alt text

0 Karma

liyiou

error | cluster | table cluster_count _raw

The above is my input for search and cluster. By "drilldown" I mean I click the link on the cluster size to further display cluster details -- I always see one event no matter which cluster I click. I just wonder what this event mean? --- a sample event from the cluster?

LL

0 Karma

cpeteman
Contributor

In my version of Splunk when I click on information like that the "drilldown" opens a new Splunk window with the drilldown search at the top. stuff like

search term | stats count by ip | sort -count

when I click on "192.168.84.2" a new widow opens with the search:

search terms ip="192.168.84.2"

0 Karma

cpeteman
Contributor

can you post the drill down search?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...