Splunk Search

Search SPL to show messages menu

awmorris
Path Finder

Can someone tell me the Splunk query to match the contents of the "Messages" menu item? As an example, i see the following message in my messages drop down from the menu but I want the Splunk query that shows the same:

"Search peer redacted.server.com has the following message: Indexer Clustering: Too many bucket replication errors to target peer=10.1.2.3:9887. Will stop streaming data from hot buckets to this target while errors persist. Check for network connectivity from the cluster peer reporting this issue to the replication port of target peer. If this condition persists, you can temporarily put that peer in manual detention."

0 Karma
1 Solution

niketn
Legend

Messages are created through Bulletin Message Knowledge Object. So Message REST API call can be used:

| rest /services/messages
| search eai:acl.app=* author=*
| table title message author severity timeCreated_iso updated

PS: Add additional filters i.e. App Name and author (for example author="system")

For the kind of bucket replication error you are interested in, I would say even _internal index should log the same

index=_internal sourcetype=splunkd log_level!=INFO "bucket replication"

Others might be able to assist you with exact query based on component. But you can try running above search and form your desired query based on _internal index.

View solution in original post

niketn
Legend

Messages are created through Bulletin Message Knowledge Object. So Message REST API call can be used:

| rest /services/messages
| search eai:acl.app=* author=*
| table title message author severity timeCreated_iso updated

PS: Add additional filters i.e. App Name and author (for example author="system")

For the kind of bucket replication error you are interested in, I would say even _internal index should log the same

index=_internal sourcetype=splunkd log_level!=INFO "bucket replication"

Others might be able to assist you with exact query based on component. But you can try running above search and form your desired query based on _internal index.

mportnoy_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

There is a typo above in the last SPL line - 'sourcetype' is spelled incorrectly...

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...