Splunk Search

Search Condition

hxa27
Path Finder

Hi,

I have my search set and everything is work fine except the condition. In the search I have this condition in the end of my query search (where "Time Elapsed" > "03:00:00"), this condition does not work if it is like that and it shows all the file. However, if I have it like this( where TimeElapsed > "03:00:00"); it works just fine I don't know why??

Any idea

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Karma

linu1988
Champion

then why "Time Elapsed" in where?

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I see. In that case, where TimeElapsed > "something" is correct because that's the name of the field you're testing against. where "Time Elapsed" > "something" is comparing two strings with each other, and one is literally "Time Elapsed" rather than the value of the field.

A suggestion for rewriting that query, provided I understand what you're trying to achieve: Leave off the where entirely, and set the time range to not load events less than three hours old.

hxa27
Path Finder

This is my search query

index="test" sourcetype=NewIndex| eval timenew= now()- _time| eval TimeElapsed=tostring(timenew,"duration")|replace "C:\Users\hxa27\Desktop\NewIndexing\Test\" with ""|rename source as "File Name" |eval "File Create Date"=strftime(_time,"%m-%d-%Y %H:%M:%S")|table "File Name" TimeElapsed "File Create Date"

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Well, what's the name of the field you're testing the condition against?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...