Splunk Search

Scatter plot with text values and colour

alex_collins_in

I'm trying to plot the following as a scatter chart:

• The y-axis should be the namespace. Namespace is a small set of strings, e.g. "default", "argo" or "kube-system".
  • The x-axis is time.
  • Each point should be coloured either green or red depending on whether or not the workflow succeeded or failed.

Problem 1 - you cannot have non-numeric x and y axis. Time does not appear to be numeric. So how do I convert my namespace to a number? I think it should be 0..N based on it's index is the values that namespace can be.

Problem 2 - how to colour points?

This is how far I have gotten so far:

index=foo sourcetype=eventrouter host="event-router-*" source="foo/*" event.involvedObject.kind=Workflow (event.reason=WorkflowSucceeded OR event.reason=WorkflowFailed) | convert num(_time) as x | table event.metadata.namespace x event.reason

Labels (1)
0 Karma

Random_Walk
Path Finder

Hi @alex ,

To map the namespace to a number you can use an eval case like:

| eval NameIndex=case(NameSpace=="default",0, NameSpace=="argo",1, NameSpace=="kube-system",2, NameSpace=="AWS",3)

The scatterplot colouring I'm not so sure, most of the charts have colour values in the XML, but I've not played with scatterplots.

Kind Regards,

R.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...