Splunk Search

Saved Searches

sushma7
Path Finder

Hi,

When I run a search query and save the job for 7 days by editing under job settings.

Will the results for those 7 days be the same I mean whether they will be static or it keeps on

changing as the data is indexed into the SPLUNK. If it is static, in what way saving a search job

will be useful?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Regards,
Sushma.

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The saved job will show static results (search query and the timestamp it executed will remain same). Its helpful if you want to share a search result with others without user have to execute it.

View solution in original post

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The saved job will show static results (search query and the timestamp it executed will remain same). Its helpful if you want to share a search result with others without user have to execute it.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...