Splunk Search

Retrieve events grouped by event order (first 5, next 5, etc...)

dawfun

I have no clue how to do this. I've tried autoregress, and I expect it shoudl work, but I end up with gaps in the new field...the original field is continuous.

What I want to do is get stats on the most recent 5 events in my search, and then grab the same stats for the previous 5 events. I can get something close if I do it on a time-basis, but I really want to do this on a event-basis. What I'd like to do is retrieve 10 events in my search (not hard to do) then operate on the first 5 and the last 5 as two distinct groupings of values.

Any ideas?

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

In order to split a call to stats by groups of five events you could do something like this:

your search pipeline that yields a multiple of five events | streamstats current=f count as segment | eval segment = floor(segment / 5) | stats foo(bar) by segment

The field segment will be 0 for the first five events, 1 for the second five, and so on.

0 Karma

dawfun

I'll give that a shot. Thanks.

0 Karma

dawfun

I figured out the gaps issue with auto regress (sorting, duh). Still looking for a solution.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...