Splunk Search

Retrieve events grouped by event order (first 5, next 5, etc...)

dawfun

I have no clue how to do this. I've tried autoregress, and I expect it shoudl work, but I end up with gaps in the new field...the original field is continuous.

What I want to do is get stats on the most recent 5 events in my search, and then grab the same stats for the previous 5 events. I can get something close if I do it on a time-basis, but I really want to do this on a event-basis. What I'd like to do is retrieve 10 events in my search (not hard to do) then operate on the first 5 and the last 5 as two distinct groupings of values.

Any ideas?

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

In order to split a call to stats by groups of five events you could do something like this:

your search pipeline that yields a multiple of five events | streamstats current=f count as segment | eval segment = floor(segment / 5) | stats foo(bar) by segment

The field segment will be 0 for the first five events, 1 for the second five, and so on.

0 Karma

dawfun

I'll give that a shot. Thanks.

0 Karma

dawfun

I figured out the gaps issue with auto regress (sorting, duh). Still looking for a solution.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...