Splunk Search

Results of Saved Search included in email but since 4.1.6. gets cut off

tpaulsen
Contributor

In Splunk 4.1.4 we had a scheduled search running that delivered hourly a Top 1000 result list via email + RSS feed. Yesterday we patched the system to Splunk 4.1.6 and the results are cut off after 100 entries. What has changed and how can we fix it, that we again get 1000 results instead of only 100?

0 Karma
1 Solution

jrodman
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

What changed: we fixed a bug, SPL-33782, that the maxresults constraint in the email sending logic wasn't working.

You can set this globally within local/alert_actions.conf, or (probabaly preferable) your specific saved search with, eg actions.email.maxresults = 10000 . Brief digging doesn't tell me if 0 makes this unlimited 😞

View solution in original post

jrodman
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

What changed: we fixed a bug, SPL-33782, that the maxresults constraint in the email sending logic wasn't working.

You can set this globally within local/alert_actions.conf, or (probabaly preferable) your specific saved search with, eg actions.email.maxresults = 10000 . Brief digging doesn't tell me if 0 makes this unlimited 😞

tpaulsen
Contributor

Super, thanks a lot! I put actions.email.maxresults = 0 in the savedsearches.conf at the specific scheduled search and it works like a charm. What can i say...:

Splunk> All batbelt. No tights.

😉

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...