Result that does not match an item in list

vschrodda
Explorer

With a search I would like a result that does NOT match an element in a list

For instance:

index=myindex source="mysource_*" earliest-30m

I'd like to compare the sources against a list, such as:

("*one","*two","*three")

If the search results, for instance, DON'T include events with the source "mysource_three" I would like a result that states this.  Ultimately, I'm looking to create an alert based on the query; if there are no events seen from some sources in the last 30 minutes.

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

vschrodda
Explorer

Figured out what I needed

index=myindex source="mysource_*" earliest=-30m | stats count by source | table source | eval Found=1 | append [|inputlookup mylookup_table.csv | table source | eval Found=0] | stats max(Found) as Found by source | where Found=0

View solution in original post

vschrodda
Explorer

Figured out what I needed

index=myindex source="mysource_*" earliest=-30m | stats count by source | table source | eval Found=1 | append [|inputlookup mylookup_table.csv | table source | eval Found=0] | stats max(Found) as Found by source | where Found=0

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Perhaps this will get you started.

index=myindex source="mysource_*" earliest-30m
| regex source!="mysource_(?:one|two|three)"

If you get any results, then trigger an alert.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

vschrodda
Explorer

This results in a 'source' that did not match an element in the list.  I can do this without issue.  I'm trying to determine which element(s) did not have any matching events (there would be no matching events in the last 30 minutes)

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I got lost with all the negatives in that.  What problem are you trying to solve?

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

vschrodda
Explorer

I'm simply trying to determine/list any elements ("*one","*two","*three")  did not have any matching events in given time frame

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...