Splunk Search

Reporting

revanthammineni
Path Finder

Hi Splunkers!

Hope you guys are doing good. 

I'm working on a usecase where I have to show daily chart of overall results of search. I'm attaching a screenshot below.  I'm trying to show a daily count of the number in a line graph. For Example (see screenshot): I got 1350 dest statistics today and 1200 dest statistics yesteday. I want to show both on the line graph with dates.
by doing timechart count by dest is not giving accurate results.
Thanks in advance.

Labels (2)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Please share your current query and explain why you think timechart is not accurate.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

revanthammineni
Path Finder

So I have results that I get is 1300+ for a day. I want to report a daily chart of the statistcs.

I have included the screenshot where I tried timechart dest, But the result I'm seeing there would be spreading all the dest over the report and counting it. All I want is overall dest count for a day,  So I can show the trend.

Thanks.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

In general, if timechart gives unexpected results then you should blame your query rather than timechart.

For instance, it makes little sense to use dedup before timechart count because your counts will all be 1.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...