Splunk Search

Replace a null value after search appending

patilsh
Explorer

Hello All,

I have a search query as below:

index="alpha_all_aal_event" type=twaReport|search callId=0  userId=a2ebd4aa-f91a-4088-8667-60143707c368|fields *|rename eventTime.$date as eventTime|eval eventTime=(eventTime/1000)|append [search index="alpha_all_careport_event" userId=a2ebd4aa-f91a-4088-8667-60143707c368|fields *|rename eventTime.$date as eventTime|eval eventTime=(eventTime/1000)|streamstats min(eventTime) as limit]|table  eventTime eventData.preLimiterSplEstimate eventData.postLimiterSplEstimate eventData.twaThreshold limit

And the data is shown below :
alt text

The limit column has just a single value min(eventTime) from one of the search queries, and its null everywhere else. I want to replace the null value of limit, with already existing single value in limit. Can someone please help me how to do this, as this is appended search I am not getting the expected results.

0 Karma

DalJeanis
Legend

try this ...

| eventstats min(limit) as limit

Although I'd probably write it more like this...

userId="a2ebd4aa-f91a-4088-8667-60143707c368"  
(index="alpha_all_aal_event" type=twaReport callId=0  ) OR (index="alpha_all_careport_event")
| fields *
| rename eventTime.$date as eventTime
| eval eventTime=(eventTime/1000)
| eval limit=if(index="alpha_all_careport_event",eventTime,null())
| eventstats min(limit) as limit by userId 
| where index="alpha_all_aal_event"
| table eventTime eventData.preLimiterSplEstimate eventData.postLimiterSplEstimate eventData.twaThreshold limit
0 Karma

patilsh
Explorer

I tried eventstats, still the same

0 Karma

DalJeanis
Legend

@patilsh - okay, try my way then.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...