Splunk Search

Renaming the 'range' field from rangemap

zd00191
Communicator

I have a search that reads a value 0-10. I use a rangemap command to insert custom icons in toa table based on the what that value is. If it is 0-50, it is a red x. If it is 51-75, it is a yellow caution. If it is 76-100, it is a green check. I have a table that contains two columns: Application and range which is automatically created by the rangemap command.

tag="*" LocID="-7" SbuID="-7" | dedup tag |eval x=substr(ResponseDisplay,1,3) |stats values(x) AS "Application_Response" by tag |rangemap field=Application_Response severe=0-50 elevated=51-75 low=76-100 default=severe | table tag range

How do I rename the 'range' column to 'Health Status'?

1 Solution

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Like this:

... | rename range AS "Health Status"

View solution in original post

pranav_agile
Explorer

@aina_sloan, can we do this without making any change to JS script?

Also when I create two dashboard panel that use rangemap, one shows the visualisation and other doesn't. Any chance I could fix this as well.

Thanks.

0 Karma

aina_sloan

Hi @pranav_agile. The default return cell.field is range, i.e, return cell.field === 'range' , if this is the name of the field in your final result in your table then you do not need to change the field name in JS.

When you create two tables you need to specify table id for each of the dashboard panels. For example:

<row>
<panel>
<table id="table1">
  <search>
     <query> your query</query>
     <earliest>-7d</earliest>
      <latest>now</latest>
   </search>
<option name="name">value</option>
</format>
</table>
</panel>
</row>
<row>
  <panel>
    <table id="table2">
       <search>
        <query> your query</query>
      <earliest>-7d</earliest>
       <latest>now</latest>
     </search>
    <option name="name">value</option>
 </format>
</table>
</panel>
</row>

Here is were we are getting an issue with not editing the JS. Because the custom script only has configuration for one table:

mvc.Components.get('table1').getVisualization(function(tableView){
 // Register custom cell renderer
 tableView.table.addCellRenderer(new RangeMapIconRenderer());
 // Force the table to re-render
 tableView.table.render();

We need to copy this part of the script for our table id="table2". Meaning that we will have something like this at the bottom of our script:

mvc.Components.get('table1').getVisualization(function(tableView){
     tableView.table.render());
           });
    mvc.Components.get('table2').getVisualization(function(tableView){
     tableView.table.render());
         });
});
0 Karma

aina_sloan

There are several things that need to be done in order to rename the range field:

1. Amend the JS to reference the new name of the field, for example Health_Status. Make the following changes in JS:
  • return cell.field === 'Heath_Status' ;
  • $td.addClass('icon').html(_.template('', {
  • Health_Status: cell.value
  1. Make changes in your search:

tag="*" LocID="-7" SbuID="-7" | dedup tag |eval x=substr(ResponseDisplay,1,3) |stats values(x) AS "Application_Response" by tag |rangemap field=Application_Response severe=0-50 elevated=51-75 low=76-100 default=severe | eval Health_Status=range
    | table tag Health_Status

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Like this:

... | rename range AS "Health Status"

joesrepsolc
Communicator

This does rename the column of the output, but then the icons do not load.

0 Karma

k_harini
Communicator

Did the rename work? Which place in js do we need to change? I added label along with range. But it's not changed. Can you please help?

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Assuming your JS refers to the column by name then yes, you will need to update that accordingly.

0 Karma

zd00191
Communicator

thank you!

0 Karma

zd00191
Communicator

I have custom icons going into that table column. If I rename it, the icons do show up. Do I needto edit the .css or.js file?

0 Karma

zd00191
Communicator

the icons do not show up sorry

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...