Splunk Search

Regex to remove single quote

allladin101
Explorer
index=whatever* sourcetype=server  earliest=-3d  | table  USERNAME CLIENT_VERSION_IN |where NOT isnull(SU_USERNAME_IN)|where CLIENT_VERSION_IN=*07_2*

CLIENT_VERSION_IN=*07_2* doesnot seem to work as the value here 'XF_07_2_5474'. Can some one help build a rex or regex so that i could get the data.

Thanks

Tags (4)
0 Karma
1 Solution

MuS
Legend

Hi alladin101,

if you want to get something between two ' single quotes, try something like this:

... | head 1 | eval foo="'XF_07_2_5474'" | rex field=foo "\'(?P<myfoo>.+)\'" | table foo myfo

and the result will be like this:
alt text

hope this helps ...

cheers, MuS

View solution in original post

MuS
Legend

Hi alladin101,

if you want to get something between two ' single quotes, try something like this:

... | head 1 | eval foo="'XF_07_2_5474'" | rex field=foo "\'(?P<myfoo>.+)\'" | table foo myfo

and the result will be like this:
alt text

hope this helps ...

cheers, MuS

allladin101
Explorer

this works but i want to use a wild card here in this part :eval foo="'XF_07_2_5474'"

as 5474 may vary. Is that possible?

0 Karma

MuS
Legend

can you mark this as answered as well - thx

0 Karma

cpetterborg
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

In terms more close to your question, with MuS's reply, use:

index=whatever* sourcetype=server  earliest=-3d  | table  USERNAME CLIENT_VERSION_IN | rex field=CLIENT_VERSION_IN "\'(?P<fixedfield>.+)\'" | table CLIENT_VERSION_IN fixedfield

Completely generic for your case as provided.

0 Karma

MuS
Legend

I must admit, I don't fully understand your intensions but sure this will work:

| eval foo="'XF_07_2_*'" | rex field=foo "\'(?P<myfoo>.+)\'" | table foo myfoo

will result in a table looking like this:

foo                  myfoo
'XF_07_2_*' XF_07_2_*
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...