Splunk Search

Regex to match the price amount in Splunk?

pavanae
Builder

The following are my search results

<Total_Amount_Due>122.34</Total_Amount_Due>
<Total_Amount_Due>2.3</Total_Amount_Due>
<Total_Amount_Due>765.33</Total_Amount_Due>

Now Please suggest me a Regex which displays all the amounts.

Thanks in Advance

0 Karma
1 Solution

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Try this (may need to adjust the

your current search giving above result | rex field=_raw "\<Total_Amount_Due\>(?<Amount[^\<]+)\<\/Total_Amount_Due\>" 

View solution in original post

ppablo
Retired

Hi @pavanae

I'm glad you've been very active here on Answers and have been getting a lot of help from the community, but I also have noticed that you've been posting a lot of question asking for users to just give you regular expressions for your sample data. Have you been trying to write your regular expressions on your own as well? I'd highly recommend you check out this previous Answers post on the various free regex resources you can look into http://answers.splunk.com/answers/153171/is-there-any-online-regex-tool-to-create-regular-e.html Just a reminder that this is a Q&A forum for Splunk specific topics and not just a place to get regular expressions written for you.

0 Karma

pavanae
Builder

ok Thanks 🙂

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Try this (may need to adjust the

your current search giving above result | rex field=_raw "\<Total_Amount_Due\>(?<Amount[^\<]+)\<\/Total_Amount_Due\>" 
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...