Splunk Search

Regex in Playbook

chandraprathi
Explorer

I have required where the CEF comes as URL and I need just a part of the URL to pass as input(ARTIFACT.CEF.URL) to action in Splunk phantom. I am using the phantom version 4.8. Can someone suggest me an idea on How I can just pass the part of the URL instead of the complete URL?

Labels (3)
Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

chandraprathi
Explorer
0 Karma

chandraprathi
Explorer

Thank you for your reply @sam_splunk. I have fixed it by extracting the portion of the URL which I need and forgot to mention it here.

0 Karma

sam_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Did you end up doing the extraction on the Splunk side?

0 Karma

chandraprathi
Explorer

yes @sam_splunk 

0 Karma

sam_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

So you've got an artifact (e.g. souceAddress = "https://www.somedomain.com") and you want to trim out a portion of it (e.g. somedomain.com) to make available for downstream blocks?

0 Karma

ikiransuryavans

^([A-Za-z0-9]\.|[A-Za-z0-9][A-Za-z0-9-]{0,61}[A-Za-z0-9]\.){1,3}[A-Za-z]{2,6}$

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...