Splunk Search

Reg. Correlation searches. Do they have to be configured in Splunk Ent. & ES? Could they be only on one of these 2 ?

SamHTexas
Builder

Reg. Correlation searches. Do they have to be configured in Splunk Ent. & ES? Could they be only on one of these 2 ? And reused in the whole environment? If can be on one side? How do I benefit across the whole environment?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Correlation searches are an ES concept.  Outside of ES they're called "scheduled searches".  Whatever they're called and wherever they exist they still have access to all of your indexed data.

What are you doing with them that they need to be in both the ES search head and the non-ES search head?  IMO, running the same search in two search heads just doubles the load on the indexers.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Correlation searches are an ES concept.  Outside of ES they're called "scheduled searches".  Whatever they're called and wherever they exist they still have access to all of your indexed data.

What are you doing with them that they need to be in both the ES search head and the non-ES search head?  IMO, running the same search in two search heads just doubles the load on the indexers.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

SamHTexas
Builder

That answers my question sir, Thank u.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...