Splunk Search

Real Time search for Today()

EricksonOng
Explorer

hi,

it is possible to do a real time search for today?
for the saved searches or reports, we can actually do a @d - now

if i would to do a rt-d that would actually bring me the result time result that will be in last 24 hours instead.

Tags (2)
0 Karma

jonuwz
Influencer

This is not ideal, since it requires a new event to come through to 'refresh' the display

Set up your real-time search for the last 24 hours, then filter it through something like this

.... | eval interval=relative_time(_time,"@d") | eventstats latest(interval) as latest_interval | where interval == latest_interval AND latest_interval == relative_time(time(),"@d") |  ...

This'll only display events for the current day.

John

0 Karma

EricksonOng
Explorer

more or less this is for monitoring display.
the dashboard should be monitoring several metrics for violation.
however, this should be reset on a daily basis such that, when the next 24 hour shift takes over. it should already been cleared off instead of still showing up.

0 Karma

Ayn
Legend

afaik this is currently not supported. There have been a number of requests to implement this functionality - let's hope it makes it into a future release at some point.

sdaniels
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

What are you looking to accomplish with a 'today' time range for real time. Maybe that will help us answer your question.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...