Splunk Search

Read regex based data from a log file using splunk forwarder

raunakomar

I have log file which polls an endpoint and if new version has come then only performs the operation. All the polling (whether new version is available or not ) are logged into log file. I am trying to read this log file which is working fine. But I want to avoid redundant polling logs and send only those logs where new version was found. Can this be done on splunk forwarder using input.conf file?

Labels (6)
0 Karma

tscroggins
Influencer

@raunakomar 

Search the community for nullQueue. You'll find many examples similar to this:

# props.conf
[foo]
TRANSFORMS-sendToNullQueue = sendToNullQueue

# transforms.conf
[sendToNullQueue]
REGEX = no new data found
DEST_KEY = queue
FORMAT = nullQueue

Your REGEX value should contain a regular expression matching the events you want to exclude.

See also https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.1.2/Forwarding/Routeandfilterdatad#Discard_specific_e....

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...