Splunk Search

Query to list all objects in an app?

Jewatson17
Path Finder

I am trying to run a query to find all objects in a particular app (i.e alerts, dashboards, props, etc) Urgent. Thanks

0 Karma

gjanders
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

A late answer but:

| rest "/servicesNS/-/<yourappname>/directory" splunk_server=local 
| search eai:acl.app="<yourappname>"
| table title, eai:type

Would be similar to using the "all objects" in the Splunk user interface for a particular app, the second search narrows down to objects created (not created + visible) within the app

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

There is no such thing. You have to query each KO-type via the REST API associated with it and then do some filtering. I finally have a very well executing "Knowledge Object Manifest" Dashboard that is dozens of panels tall. Why does it have so many panels? Because Splunk decided in v6.? that there is NEVER a reason to have a stats panel with more than 100 rows so they ignore any value higher than 100. This REALLY bugs me and has forced me to have 10 panels to cover 1000 eventtypes so that I can do a global search on one screen to check everything at once.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...