Splunk Search

Pulling 1-day old records

vnguyen46
Contributor

Hi,

Let say I have field lastTime (sample value lastTime = 09/01/2019 11:52:31). There are records with lastTime reported > 1 day (24 hours) that I'd like to set the alert on. Is there a way I can pull these records?

Thanks,

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

vnguyen46
Contributor

Hi richgalloway - thanks again for giving help. I found an answer to another question and I think it's helpful:
... | eval ddate_epoch = strptime(ddate, "%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S") | eval diff_seconds = now() - ddate_epoch | eval diff_days = diff_seconds / 86400

In my case, if diff_days>1 triggering an alert.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

vnguyen46
Contributor

Hi richgalloway - thanks again for giving help. I found an answer to another question and I think it's helpful:
... | eval ddate_epoch = strptime(ddate, "%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S") | eval diff_seconds = now() - ddate_epoch | eval diff_days = diff_seconds / 86400

In my case, if diff_days>1 triggering an alert.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If your problem is resolved, please accept the answer to help future readers.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

vnguyen46
Contributor

thank you.

0 Karma

vnguyen46
Contributor

Thanks for helping. lastTime is a variable with value like 08/26/2019 11:20:01, but yes it can be the same as _time.
I mean 24 hr to the future. Let say: latencyTime = (now - lastTime) if latencyTime >24 hours, then fire the alert.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

So to clarify further, lastTime can be the same as _time, but not always?
You say 24 hours to the future, but your example SPL computes 24 hours in the past. Which is correct?

---
0 Karma

KARANMALHOTRA
Path Finder

Are you trying to identify latency between the events getting generated and the time that they are indexed?

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Is lastTime the same as _time? Are you looking for lastTime values more than 24 hours in the past or in the future?

---
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...