Splunk Search

Problem with time selectors and datamodel

snemiro_514
Path Finder

I'm migrating from index = .. notation to a datamodel definition.

I'm stuck with the use of the "earliest" and "latest" parameters in a search. Í have a drop list with time options and my search looks like:

index="index1" earliest=@$TimePeriod1$ latest=+1$TimePeriod1$@$TimePeriod1$| timechart count(...

where TimePeriod1 is a result of a drop down (d,w,mon,q)

Now with datamodels, I don't know where to select the time values.

| datamodel TEST SUCCESS search | search earliest=@$TimePeriod1$ latest=+1$TimePeriod1$@$TimePeriod1$| timechart count(...
doesn't work.

Any suggestion?

Thanks!

Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

snemiro_514
Path Finder

Using the tags instead of the search parameters solved the problem. Thanks Martin!

"martin_mueller ♦ ·

Why not set the time range in the earliest and latest time tags?
"

View solution in original post

0 Karma

snemiro_514
Path Finder

Using the tags instead of the search parameters solved the problem. Thanks Martin!

"martin_mueller ♦ ·

"

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I see - tstats can search accelerated datamodels, and supports inline filtering by earliest and latest: http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.4.1/SearchReference/Tstats#Filtering_with_where

0 Karma

Kukkadapu
Path Finder

Thanks martin.

0 Karma

Kukkadapu
Path Finder

Thanks Martin. I'll check the document and try it. Appreciate your time

0 Karma

Kukkadapu
Path Finder

Hi Matin, I've set the time range in the earliest and latest time tags and it worked fine.

But my use case is to join two datamodels and each datamodel has different time stamps. I can pass one time range for a datamodel but not sure how to do it for multiple datamodels? Any ideas?

Thanks.

0 Karma

Kukkadapu
Path Finder

Hi Martin,
Can you tell me how to set the time range in the earliest and latest time tags?

Thanks.

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

0 Karma

snemiro_514
Path Finder

Works like a charm. Thanks!

0 Karma

Kukkadapu
Path Finder

Hi Snemiro, Can you elaborate the fix? I mean how to use tags in search parameters with datamodel.

Thanks.

0 Karma

snemiro_514
Path Finder

That might work. We are ending the day here. I will try it on Monday. Thank you, Martin!

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Why are you stuck with setting the time range in the search rather than using the regular time range?

0 Karma

snemiro_514
Path Finder

The dashboard allows users to choose the time to compare between different periods of data. They can choose days, weeks, months, quarters, years, so I show a graphic of "this period" and "previous period".

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...