Splunk Search

Problem with the simplest rex

rachelneal
Path Finder

I have several error logs that have a similar format:

Cannot set Single Use Prices on Single Room Standard Room (
Cannot set Single Use Prices on Single Room Standard Suite (
Cannot set Single Use Prices on Single Room Executive King Room (

The rex that I am attempting to use only returns a table of blank lines.

"Cannot set Single Use Prices on Single Room " |rex "(?<Error>\w+?)\(" | table Error

I've tried \w \w+ \w+? \. \.+ \.+?

Any suggestions?

Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

rachelneal
Path Finder

Thanks everyone. I ended up with rex "\"(?.+?(\d+?)).+?\'(?\d+?)\'.+?\'(?\d+?)\'" after getting rex "\"(?.+?(" to work. Woohoo!

View solution in original post

0 Karma

rachelneal
Path Finder

Thanks everyone. I ended up with rex "\"(?.+?(\d+?)).+?\'(?\d+?)\'.+?\'(?\d+?)\'" after getting rex "\"(?.+?(" to work. Woohoo!

0 Karma

hjwang
Contributor

try

| rex "(?<Error>[^\r\n\(]+)\("
0 Karma

Lowell
Super Champion

Is there a space between the last word and the "(". If so, your regex isn't going to match. Try:

| rex "(?\w+)\s+("

Lowell
Super Champion

That's true. It depends on what you are looking for. rachelneal, if you would provided additional details in your question (use the "edit" link below you question), then a more suitable regex could be suggested. Specifically, note what strings you would like to extract from the samples given.

0 Karma

gkanapathy
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Also, \w will not match spaces, so all you're going to get is the word "Room" or "Suite".

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...