Splunk Search

Problem with a macro

fdevera
Path Finder

`get_seclabel(host,"domain_controller","-90d")`

Macro expanded:

| inputlookup sec_label where (label="domain_controller" type="host" last_updated>=1585079881.000000)

In the input lookup there are the following columns: label, type, and value. The results of this lookup give me everything that is a domain controller.  I'm trying to exclude anything that matches in the value column so I'm using this in a search but it's not excluding the list properly:

NOT
[| `get_seclabel(host,"domain_controller","-90d")`

I still see NADC01 as a returned value in my search even though I'm excluding it here. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

anilchaithu
Builder

@fdevera 

I assume you are using the inputlookup as subsearch. Please output the field required from the lookup like here

NOT
[| `get_seclabel(host,"domain_controller","-90d")` | fileds value ]

and match the field name to the field name in main search. If it is host, rename value to host

NOT
[| `get_seclabel(host,"domain_controller","-90d")` | fileds value |  rename value as host]

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

anilchaithu
Builder

@fdevera 

I assume you are using the inputlookup as subsearch. Please output the field required from the lookup like here

NOT
[| `get_seclabel(host,"domain_controller","-90d")` | fileds value ]

and match the field name to the field name in main search. If it is host, rename value to host

NOT
[| `get_seclabel(host,"domain_controller","-90d")` | fileds value |  rename value as host]

Hope this helps

anilchaithu
Builder

if this helps an upvote would be appreciated

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...