Splunk Search

Problem with DB Connect and hive query on float or double fields

wandrilleD
Engager

Hi, I am currently working with Hunk and DB connect, I have connected it to a hive database and after lots of search I finally managed to make it work.

But I'm experiencing a strange problem, when I search for a table which contains some float or double, the search stop with an error:
/!\ No result found
When I search for the exact same query in Hive I'm having the correct number of events.
Searching from the Hiveserver2 logs I found no error, the only error i found is located in the dbx.log:
dbx8845:ERROR:DatabaseQueryCommand - Error while executing command: Error transforming ResultSet: java.sql.SQLException: Illegal conversion

When I search for a float or double casted to String the query execute with no problems, when I query with a hive command such as avg(), sum(), ... (DOUBLE avg(col), avg(DISTINCT col)) it gives me the same error.

I'd like to know where i could find some sources of the dbx library?
So if you guys have any answers that will be great.

Sincerely,
Wandrille

Tags (1)
0 Karma

rdagan_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Have you tried Hunk with a direct connection to Hive?

Similar to this configuration here: http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Hunk/latest/Hunk/ConfigureHivepreprocessor

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...