Splunk Search

Problem with DB Connect and hive query on float or double fields

wandrilleD
Engager

Hi, I am currently working with Hunk and DB connect, I have connected it to a hive database and after lots of search I finally managed to make it work.

But I'm experiencing a strange problem, when I search for a table which contains some float or double, the search stop with an error:
/!\ No result found
When I search for the exact same query in Hive I'm having the correct number of events.
Searching from the Hiveserver2 logs I found no error, the only error i found is located in the dbx.log:
dbx8845:ERROR:DatabaseQueryCommand - Error while executing command: Error transforming ResultSet: java.sql.SQLException: Illegal conversion

When I search for a float or double casted to String the query execute with no problems, when I query with a hive command such as avg(), sum(), ... (DOUBLE avg(col), avg(DISTINCT col)) it gives me the same error.

I'd like to know where i could find some sources of the dbx library?
So if you guys have any answers that will be great.

Sincerely,
Wandrille

Tags (1)
0 Karma

rdagan_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Have you tried Hunk with a direct connection to Hive?

Similar to this configuration here: http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Hunk/latest/Hunk/ConfigureHivepreprocessor

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...