Splunk Search

Problem of mismatched quotes and/or parenthesis says splunk but not my editor...

mehdiazmi
Explorer

Hello everyone!

when I'am performing that search :

| inputlookup table-vuln-machin.csv | chart eval( count ( eval [ search index=qualys_truc_hosts | dedup HOST.IP | stats dc(HOST.IP)] - count( eval [| inputlookup table-vuln-machin.csv | dedup IP | stats dc(IP)] ) ) )

I am getting this answer :

Error in 'SearchProcessor': Mismatched quotes and/or parenthesis.

After I have copied and pasted it in my editor, I see no mismatching quote or parenthesis.

All the indexes and inputlookups are working fine on other searches.

Could you explain me why?

Thank you

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Try this

| inputlookup table-vuln-machin.csv | stats dc(IP) s count2 | eval difference=[ search index=qualys_truc_hosts | stats dc(HOST.IP) as search]-count2

View solution in original post

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Try this

| inputlookup table-vuln-machin.csv | stats dc(IP) s count2 | eval difference=[ search index=qualys_truc_hosts | stats dc(HOST.IP) as search]-count2

mehdiazmi
Explorer

Thank you.
I did it in another way but your solution works too.

Thanks again and have a nice day.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I suspect the error message is inaccurate, something I've noticed before. I also can't say I've seen searches within an eval before so I wonder if that is the source of the error. Consider rewriting your search something like this:

index=qualys_truc_hosts | dedup HOST.IP | stats dc(HOST.IP) as hostCount | appendcols [| inputlookup table-vuln-machin.csv | dedup IP | stats dc(IP) as IPcount]  | chart count(eval hostCount-IPcount)
---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

mehdiazmi
Explorer

Thank you for your help.

Unfortunately, it's not working. I'll try another way.

Once again, thank you.

0 Karma

chimell
Motivator

What do you want to do?
It is better to change the way to write request
Just tell the thing that you want to do

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...