Splunk Search

Prediction on disk transfer / sec

singh3and12
Path Finder

Hi ,

I have used following query for predicting disk transfer of particular host, here we are using LLP algorithm in predict command so, under visualization tab the two confidence interval along with the predicted value is reflecting, for future 10 days. i just wanted to show only the predicted value on the dashboard. while we hover over. i did use the supress command but somehow it dint work. Any help would be appreciated.

below is query,

index="acn_infrastructure_tier3_idx" metric_label="PhysicalDisk : Disk Transfers/sec Alert" source_host=AUSYDSPLUNK6 earliest=-15d |timechart span=5min avg(metric_value)
as "Disk Transfer/sec" |predict "Disk Transfer/sec" AS "Predicted value"
algorithm=LLP future_timespan=2880 |sort _time desc

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

DavidHourani
Super Champion

Hi @singh3and12,

If you want to get rid of the upper and lower intervals in your predict you simply have to get rid of the lower and upper fields like this :

index="acn_infrastructure_tier3_idx" metric_label="PhysicalDisk : Disk Transfers/sec Alert" source_host=AUSYDSPLUNK6 earliest=-15d |timechart span=5min avg(metric_value) 
as "DTs" |predict "DTs" AS "DTsPredicted" 
| fields - lower95(DTsPredicted) upper95(DTsPredicted) 

Let me know how that works out for you!

Cheers,
David

View solution in original post

0 Karma

singh3and12
Path Finder

Hi David,

Thanks, it worked for me.... I am able to remove the upper n lower fields from the graph.

0 Karma

DavidHourani
Super Champion

most welcome @singh3and12 !

0 Karma

DavidHourani
Super Champion

Hi @singh3and12,

If you want to get rid of the upper and lower intervals in your predict you simply have to get rid of the lower and upper fields like this :

as "DTs" |predict "DTs" AS "DTsPredicted" 
| fields - lower95(DTsPredicted) upper95(DTsPredicted) 

Let me know how that works out for you!

Cheers,
David

0 Karma

singh3and12
Path Finder

it dint work out... still the same... i did try to change it and run but getting the same result

0 Karma

koshyk
Super Champion

when i use above query, i get ONLy the predicted_value in my dashboard. Is that what you were looking for?

0 Karma

singh3and12
Path Finder

yes i was looking for predicted value and the present value(the current real time along) in the dashboard. but when i run it after using where clause.. and hover over it does reflect the lower n upper values .. also

0 Karma

koshyk
Super Champion

ah.sorry. I misunderstood. I thought you just need the predicted value ONLY.

Normally, the current value is shown with different colour and predicted_value with another colour. I'm not sure a way to set focus on mouse drag. May be experts in UI would help on that.

0 Karma

singh3and12
Path Finder

for me.. all are coming in smae color only it gets differentiated when i hover over the graph

0 Karma

koshyk
Super Champion

which version of Splunk you using? Mine comes with blue colour (default) for old values and yellow for predicted values

0 Karma

singh3and12
Path Finder

we are using 7.1 version.

0 Karma

singh3and12
Path Finder

is there any other way to achieve it .. would be helpful.

0 Karma

koshyk
Super Champion

Please try

index="acn_infrastructure_tier3_idx" metric_label="PhysicalDisk : Disk Transfers/sec Alert" source_host=AUSYDSPLUNK6 earliest=-15d 
|timechart span=5min avg(metric_value)  as disk_transfer_sec
|predict disk_transfer_sec AS predicted_value  algorithm=LLP future_timespan=2880 
| where _time > now()

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...