Splunk Search

Pivot command works on tree datamodel but tstats shows "No results found"

shreyans
Path Finder

Hi,

I have a customer scenario where I receive complete machine events from parent component to deepest child component.
For example first entire computer data arrives and later sub component of computer events and then sub-sub component and so on

To address this I have created data model tree
so first grand parent has query in datamodel as index=myindex
later next level parent has child query in datamodel as componentType=cmpType
later next level child has query in datamodel as componentType=subCmpType
and so on

so if I ideally query datamodel for grandparent, I should see all component and sub component data including n level in the tree

and that is what I see when I use PIVOT command as below

| pivot grandparentDatamodel parentdatamodel latest(_time) AS "latest_time" SPLITROW parentdatamodelattribute.attribute as attributeName SPLITROW parentdatamodelattribute.attribute2 as attributeName2 SORT 100 parentdatamodelattribute.attribute ROWSUMMARY 0 COLSUMMARY 0 NUMCOLS 0 SHOWOTHER 1 | fields - latest_time

but when I use below tstats command to access any child of parentdatamodel or child datamodel like below, I get "No results found"

| tstats prestats=t latest(parentdatamodelattribute.attribute ) AS attributeName from datamodel=grandparentDatamodel | table grandparentDatamodel..parentdatamodel.parentdatamodelattribute.attribute2

am I making any mistake here?

Can someone suggest correct way to access 3rd level child's attributes in a datamodel
or if query look correct am I making any mistake in some datamodel permission or any other inputs or pointers to check please

Best Regards
- Shreyans Soni

Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

shreyans
Path Finder

this worked when i remove prestats=t from tstats and i used nodename in where condition to select particular node within tree datamodel

View solution in original post

shreyans
Path Finder

this worked when i remove prestats=t from tstats and i used nodename in where condition to select particular node within tree datamodel

ksternberg_splu
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Do you mean to have the double-dot there in yout tstats command?

0 Karma

shreyans
Path Finder

Thanks ksternberg for taking time in responding,

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...