Splunk Search

Picking events depending on timestamp

praspai
Path Finder

Hi,

I have a script which gets value for a KPI for each 4 min.

10/9/15
8:44:00.000 AM

KpiId="4185"|kpiName="DocStats.TotalCount: $Host.HostName, $IntegrationServer.Port, $TNServer.Name"|Host.HostName="xxxx.com"|TNServer.Name="TNServer"|IntegrationServer.Port="xxxx"|date="2015-10-09T08:44:00Z"|value="4440407.0"
10/9/15
8:48:00.000 AM

KpiId="1824"|kpiName="DocStats.TotalCount: $Host.HostName, $IntegrationServer.Port, $TNServer.Name"|Host.HostName="xxxx.com"|TNServer.Name="TNServer"|IntegrationServer.Port="xxxx"|date="2015-10-09T08:48:00Z"|value="6792796.0"

10/9/15
8:52:00.000 AM

KpiId="4188"|kpiName="DocStats.TotalCount: $Host.HostName, $IntegrationServer.Port, $TNServer.Name"|IntegrationServer.Port="xxxx"|TNServer.Name="TNServer"|Host.HostName="xxxx.com"|date="2015-10-09T08:52:00Z"|value="4463853.0"

I just want to select event value at each hour. How can I do that ?

Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

You can do it like this :

... date_minute=0 | table _time value

But you would probably be better off doing an average over the hour like this:

... | timechart span=1h avg(value)

View solution in original post

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

You can do it like this :

... date_minute=0 | table _time value

But you would probably be better off doing an average over the hour like this:

... | timechart span=1h avg(value)
0 Karma

praspai
Path Finder

The value I am getting is cumulative value. I want to find the difference between values at each hour so that I can find out how many requests are processed during the hour.

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Like this:

... | timechart span=1h count(value) AS numRequestsThisHour

Or:

... value=* | timechart span=1h dc(hosts) AS hostsWithRequestsThisHour
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...