otheremail@blah.com    10     20%

Thanks! -S.

Tags (1)

Stephen_Sorkin
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Try the top command:

search string | top email

If you're getting the data from a "stats" or "sistats" in a summary index, it's a bit harder, but certainly possible.

For a summary populated by "stats":

index=summary source=<search_name> | stats sum(count) as count by email | eventstats sum(count) as total | eval percent = round(count/total) . " %" | fields - total

For a summary populated by "sistats":

index=summary source=<search_name> | stats count by email | eventstats sum(count) as total | eval percent = round(count/total) . " %" | fields - total

gkanapathy
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Correct, do not use top in this circumstance. Use stats and eventstats as Stephen as shown above.

0 Karma

sondradotcom
Path Finder

So, I'm searching against a summary index. In an effort to keep the summary index multi-purpose, I created it as a sistats (run hourly), as in:

sourcetype="blah" earliest="-2h@h" latest="-1h@h" | sistats count by email

So if I used "top" for a query on the summary index, and a certain email showed up 100 times each hour, "top" would only count the number of times the email showed up in the summary index (a maximum of one per hour).

So, is it possible to imitate "top" in this circumstance? Am I just making this too hard on myself?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...