Splunk Search

Password spraying search

kuriakose
Explorer

Hi,

I am attempting to create a search for a password spraying attempt. I need the IP address and Hostname made with the different login names attempted to login to a particular machine within the last 5 min. Also, the number of login attempts should be more than 10.

I created the below search, but that's pulling me wrong data. A sample data am expecting is attached in the screenshot

index=win* EventCode=4625 Logon_Type=3 Target_User_Name!="" src_ip!="-" |bucket span=5m _time
|stats dc(TargetUserName) AS Unique_accounts values(TargetUserName) as tried_accounts by _time, src_ip Source_Workstation |eventstats avg(Unique_accounts) as global_avg, stdev(Unique_accounts) as global_std |eval upperBound=(comp_avg+comp_std*3) |eval isOutlier=if(Unique_accounts>10 and Unique_accounts>=upperBound, 1, 0) |sort -Unique_accounts

Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

comp_avg and comp_std don't exist, you named them global_avg and global_std in the eventstats command

kuriakose
Explorer

I made those changes still i am not getting the result what am expecting.

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

In what way does it differ from what you expected?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...