Splunk Search

PROPS Configuration with CSV Header- Requesting feedback and if there is a way to change field name

SplunkDash
Motivator

Hello,

I have CSV (with epoch time) source files (file with a few sample events given below) with header info. I wrote a props configuration file (see below). I tested this props with a few events and working as expected. Do you have any recommendation on this props configuration file or I am good to go with this props.conf? Also is there any way I can change the field name (i.e., id as ID, created as TIMESTAMP.........so on)? Your feedback and help will be highly appreciated. Thank you so much.

Sample csv with epoch time:

SplunkDash_0-1646332133422.png

props.conf that I Wrote:prop

[ csv ]

SHOULD_LINEMERGE=false

CHARSET=UTF-8

INDEXED_EXTRACTIONS=csv

category=Structured

HEADER_FIELD_LINE_NUMBER=1

TIMESTAMP_FIELDS=created

TIME_FORMAT=%s%9N

MAX_TIMESTAMP_LOOKAHEAD=14

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The existing props look good to me.

I don't know that you can rename fields, but you can create new fields using the EVAL or FIELDALIAS properties.

EVAL-ID = id
FIELDALIAS-someuniquename = created as TIMESTAMP

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...