Splunk Search

PROPS Configuration with CSV Header- Requesting feedback and if there is a way to change field name

SplunkDash
Motivator

Hello,

I have CSV (with epoch time) source files (file with a few sample events given below) with header info. I wrote a props configuration file (see below). I tested this props with a few events and working as expected. Do you have any recommendation on this props configuration file or I am good to go with this props.conf? Also is there any way I can change the field name (i.e., id as ID, created as TIMESTAMP.........so on)? Your feedback and help will be highly appreciated. Thank you so much.

Sample csv with epoch time:

SplunkDash_0-1646332133422.png

props.conf that I Wrote:prop

[ csv ]

SHOULD_LINEMERGE=false

CHARSET=UTF-8

INDEXED_EXTRACTIONS=csv

category=Structured

HEADER_FIELD_LINE_NUMBER=1

TIMESTAMP_FIELDS=created

TIME_FORMAT=%s%9N

MAX_TIMESTAMP_LOOKAHEAD=14

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The existing props look good to me.

I don't know that you can rename fields, but you can create new fields using the EVAL or FIELDALIAS properties.

EVAL-ID = id
FIELDALIAS-someuniquename = created as TIMESTAMP

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...