Splunk Search

PCs not scanned for more than 3 days

numeroinconnu12
Path Finder

Hello,

This is my request:

index=antivirus
    | stats values(SAVVersion) as SAVVersion, values(EngineVersion) as EngineVersion ,values(VirusDataVersion) as VirusDataVersion,  max(LastMessageTime) as LastMessageTime, max(LastScanDateTime) as LastScanDateTime by Name
    | sort LastScanDateTime
    | eval diff=round((Now() - LastScanDateTime)/60/60/24)
    | eval "active the last seven days ?"=if(round((Now() - LastMessageTime)/60/60/24)>7,"NO","YES")
    | where (diff > 3) OR isnull(diff)
    | fillnull value="-"
    | sort - "active the last seven days ?" - diff

I would like to have only the PCs(Name) not scanned (LastScanDateTime) for more than three days, but my request does not work, it returns all the PCs. Can you please help me?
sorry for my english

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

numeroinconnu12
Path Finder

Thank you @PickleRick 

my correction, it's work

index=antivirus
    | eval lmt=strptime(LastMessageTime,"%m/%d/%Y %H:%M:%S")
    | eval lst=strptime(LastScanDateTime,"%m/%d/%Y %H:%M:%S")
    | stats values(SAVVersion) as SAVVersion, values(EngineVersion) as EngineVersion ,values(VirusDataVersion) as VirusDataVersion,  max(lmt) as LastMessageTime, max(lst) as LastScanDateTime by Name
    | sort LastScanDateTime
    | eval "active in the last 7 days ?"=if(round((Now() - LastMessageTime)/60/60/24)>7,"NO","YES")
    | eval LastMessageTime=strftime(LastMessageTime,"%d/%m/%Y %H:%M:%S")
    | eval LastScanDateTime=strftime(LastScanDateTime,"%d/%m/%Y %H:%M:%S")
    | fillnull value="-"
    | sort - "active in the last 7 days?" - diff

View solution in original post

0 Karma

PickleRick
Ultra Champion

Fistly - no point in sorting the data if you want to filter the entries anyway. It'd be more efficient to filter first, then sort - possibly less data to sort.

But to the point - is your LastScanDateTime properly set? Are you sure you don't need to strptime() it first, before doing a comparison to now()?

Oh, and round()-ing the difference will show you results which are more than 7.5 days behind, not 7. You don't need to do round() to just compare to a value and even if you wanted it to - for example - calculate a new field with number of days since last check, you'd rather use floor(), not round().

0 Karma

numeroinconnu12
Path Finder

Thank you @PickleRick 

my correction, it's work

index=antivirus
    | eval lmt=strptime(LastMessageTime,"%m/%d/%Y %H:%M:%S")
    | eval lst=strptime(LastScanDateTime,"%m/%d/%Y %H:%M:%S")
    | stats values(SAVVersion) as SAVVersion, values(EngineVersion) as EngineVersion ,values(VirusDataVersion) as VirusDataVersion,  max(lmt) as LastMessageTime, max(lst) as LastScanDateTime by Name
    | sort LastScanDateTime
    | eval "active in the last 7 days ?"=if(round((Now() - LastMessageTime)/60/60/24)>7,"NO","YES")
    | eval LastMessageTime=strftime(LastMessageTime,"%d/%m/%Y %H:%M:%S")
    | eval LastScanDateTime=strftime(LastScanDateTime,"%d/%m/%Y %H:%M:%S")
    | fillnull value="-"
    | sort - "active in the last 7 days?" - diff
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk Forwarders and Forced Time Based Load Balancing

Splunk customers use universal forwarders to collect and send data to Splunk. A universal forwarder can send ...

NEW! Log Views in Splunk Observability Dashboards Gives Context From a Single Page

Today, Splunk Observability releases log views, a new feature for users to add their logs data from Splunk Log ...

Last Chance to Submit Your Paper For BSides Splunk - Deadline is August 12th!

Hello everyone! Don't wait to submit - The deadline is August 12th! We have truly missed the community so ...