Splunk Search

Overlapped events in summary index when using sitimechart

ejpulsar
Path Finder

Hi,
i'm using splunk 6.1.1

I made this si- search and scheduled it to run "every hour" at period -1h@m to "now"

| where isnotnull(HAS_ERROR_TYPE)
| dedup SID1
| sitimechart span=1h count by HAS_ERROR_TYPE

I've got many overlapping events in Summary index next day.

,"2014-05-25T00:00:00.000+0400",,"Summary Index - USSD","Summary Index - USSD","Found overlap in saved search 'Summary Index - USSD' between search ids: '1402966801.531' and '1402974001.568' from 'Sun May 25 00:00:00 2014' to 'Tue Jun 17 05:00:01 2014'","Sun May 25 00:00:00 2014","Tue Jun 17 05:00:01 2014"

Whats wrong in my search or scheduler?

Tags (2)
0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

My opinion will be to avoid using now for summary index searches. The schedule/data you're querying can be achieved by following and may be more accurate.

Search time range:   earliest=-62m@m  latest=-2m@m
Schedule type :  cron
Cron schedule :  1-59/59 * * * *
               ( run every 60 min starting from min 1 [2nd min])

This will run at 2nd minute every hour and consider data for full previous hour.

somesoni2
Revered Legend

The settings looks correct to me.

0 Karma

ejpulsar
Path Finder

Thanks, i've finally got this settings. Are it correct?

1) Start Time: -1h@h
2) End Time: @h
3) Cron Schedule: 5 ! ! ! !
(!=*, incorrect site formatting)

0 Karma

ejpulsar
Path Finder

Ahrrgw sorry.

I forgot to delete "earliest=" string at the top of the search.

0 Karma

ejpulsar
Path Finder

Yes, definetely.

But I'm upset that si- commands acts as collect command and didn't help to automate filling gaps in summary index.

Are there any trick to construct search to fill all summary index gaps which was a week or a month ago?

0 Karma

ppablo
Retired

Hi @ejpulsar. Did this solve your scheduled search issue?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...