Splunk Search

Overlaping Days with Timecharts

achudnoff
Explorer

I'm looking to make a line chart that has several days over data superimposed over each other so that I can see the trend of an event over the course of a day.

Currently my Search term is:

index="prd_common_events" EventName="ExceptionEventETL" | timechart span=1h count by date_mday

When I set it to 7 days, it gives me each of the days in a different color. Is there a way I can offset them so they are all rendered on the same graph of 24 hours?

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

Ayn
Legend

Instead of timechart you can use chart and have it chart over date_hour to get per-hour stats for each of your weekdays.

index="prd_common_events" EventName="ExceptionEventETL" | chart count over date_hour by date_wday

View solution in original post

Ayn
Legend

Instead of timechart you can use chart and have it chart over date_hour to get per-hour stats for each of your weekdays.

index="prd_common_events" EventName="ExceptionEventETL" | chart count over date_hour by date_wday
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...