Splunk Search

Outlier detection

Nils

Hi! 

I have a data set consisting of a csv-file with three columns with numerical data.

I have performed my own implementation that clusters the data set with K-means and then calculates outliers based on euclidean distance between data points and the cluster centroids. 

I wan't to perform the same kind of operation in Splunk but have not been successfull so far. 

I have tried local outlier factor, with the following query in search: 

source="dataset.csv" | fit LocalOutlierFactor 0,1,2 | search isOutlier="1.0"

However, the result from this search is very poor since very few outliers are detected. The data set is labeled making it easy to see correctly classified outliers. 

I have also tried with "Detect numeric outliers" from the machine learning toolkit but there, I can only chose one field to analyze and I have three fields. 

Is there an optimal solution to the problem of finding outliers in this type of dataset? 

Thanks in advance!

Labels (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...