Splunk Search

OR contition simulation between two search query

karakutu
Path Finder

since one of the username need to be simulate with regex query . I am forced to use regex

how can I do it so that I simulate kind of OR condition between main and sub search query

index=main
suser IN("abc","def")
| search  regex suser =”DEF[0-9]"
AND EventID IN("323","322")

Thanks

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Solution

inventsekar
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

index=main suser IN("abc","def") [search regex suser =”DEF[0-9]" AND EventID IN("323","322") | fields suser] | table suser field1 field2

i am little confused about this OR requirement and i am little confused on the regex inside subsearch as well. maybe if you give us some sample logs, the subsearch may not be needed altogether. h

(i received 100 karma points giver badge, have you?!?!)

View solution in original post

karakutu
Path Finder

thanks for your support. sample log I can not give.

the problem is I have a special username which need to be simulate with regex.

since I can not user regex into IN function.   so I just want to simulate it separately. 

maybe I use unnecessary function. maybe we can do it much easier. I am not sure.

inventsekar
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

no need to write us the full logs. you can hide/edit the hostnames/confidential info in the logs and update us the sample log. 

0 Karma

inventsekar
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

index=main suser IN("abc","def") [search regex suser =”DEF[0-9]" AND EventID IN("323","322") | fields suser] | table suser field1 field2

i am little confused about this OR requirement and i am little confused on the regex inside subsearch as well. maybe if you give us some sample logs, the subsearch may not be needed altogether. h

(i received 100 karma points giver badge, have you?!?!)

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...