Splunk Search

No value coming from OUTPUT during a look up

sowmya120

I am trying to match a field across two inputs if the field matches then I compare the dates and table them.
When I create the match expression and output the values, they are blank.
However the date comparison following this expression is working, so it is getting the fields somehow.
Can someone help, I am very new to Splunk
Here is my query:

| inputlookup File1
| fields T1 F1 R1 C1-- (fields in File1)
| lookup File2 F2 AS F1 OUTPUT Num F2 CT2 UT2 S2 (fields in File2)
| eval results=case((T1>CT2 AND (S2!="XYX"AND S2!="ABC")), "Duplicate",(T1>CT2 AND (S2="XYX" OR S2="ABC")),"New")
|eval Ticket=if(results=New,"NEW Ticket","Duplicate")
| table Ticket R1 F1 C1 F2 Num Created S2 CT2

The results logic seems to be working, and I am getting table with Duplicate, R1, F1 C1
However I am not getting F2 Num Created S2 and CT2 , the fields from File2. When i just run the following

| inputlookup File1
| fields T1 F1 R1 C1-- (fields in File1)
| lookup File2 F2 AS F1 OUTPUT Num F2 CT2 UT2 S2 (fields in File2)

I get the fields from File1(based on second line of search) and data, but only fields from File2 but no data in them(OUTPUT result), any idea what i am doing wrong here.

0 Karma

evania
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi @sowmya120 ,

Did you have a chance to check out any answers? If it worked, please resolve this post by approving it! If your problem is still not solved, keep us updated so that someone else can help you.

Thanks for posting!

0 Karma

sowmya120

Thank you all guys, sorry I was on vacation. No it did not help. I modified the data to make the search easier.
Now I am able to write the search query.

0 Karma

harsmarvania57
Ultra Champion

Hi,

Can you please try below query ?

| inputlookup File1
| fields T1 F1 R1 C1
| lookup File2 F2 AS F1 OUTPUT Num AS Num, F2 AS F2, CT2 AS CT2, UT2 AS UT2, S2 AS S2
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...