Thanks,
Srinath

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

tom_frotscher
Builder

Hi,

here is a run everywere example of how you can solve this problem. Maybe you have to adjust a little bit by using a table command at the end:

| stats count | fields - count | eval mv_field="abcxFD123xFDABC ausxFDINDxFDUK 12xFD34xFD56" | eval mv_field=replace('mv_field',"xFD",";") | rex field=mv_field "(?<ex_1>[^\;]+)\;(?<ex_2>[^\;]+)\;(?<ex_3>[^\;]+)\;(?<ex_4>[^\;]+)\;(?<ex_5>[^\;]+)\;(?<ex_6>[^\;]+)\;(?<ex_7>.*)$"

Greetings

Tom

View solution in original post

tom_frotscher
Builder

Hi,

here is a run everywere example of how you can solve this problem. Maybe you have to adjust a little bit by using a table command at the end:

| stats count | fields - count | eval mv_field="abcxFD123xFDABC ausxFDINDxFDUK 12xFD34xFD56" | eval mv_field=replace('mv_field',"xFD",";") | rex field=mv_field "(?<ex_1>[^\;]+)\;(?<ex_2>[^\;]+)\;(?<ex_3>[^\;]+)\;(?<ex_4>[^\;]+)\;(?<ex_5>[^\;]+)\;(?<ex_6>[^\;]+)\;(?<ex_7>.*)$"

Greetings

Tom

srinathd
Contributor

Thanks for your answer. The entry in the log will be in this format

abc\xFD123\xFDABC aus\xFDIND\xFDUK 12\xFD34\xFD56

but i need to show in the table like below

abc aus 12

123 IND 34

ABC UK 56

Thanks,
Srinath

0 Karma

tom_frotscher
Builder

Is this: "abcxFD123xFDABC ausxFDINDxFDUK 12xFD34xFD56" all in one line, or in 3 seperate lines? sometimes a screenshot from the data as you can see it in splunk is the best for us to help.

I don't know, this looks pretty messy and complicated, but maybe it helps:

| stats count | fields - count | eval mv_field="abcxFD123xFDABC ausxFDINDxFDUK 12xFD34xFD56" | eval mv_field=replace('mv_field',"xFD",";") | rex field=mv_field "(?<a_1>[^\;]+)\;(?<a_2>[^\;]+)\;(?<a_3>[^ ]+) (?<b_1>[^\;]+)\;(?<b_2>[^\;]+)\;(?<b_3>[^ ]+) (?<c_1>[^\;]+)\;(?<c_2>[^\;]+)\;(?<c_3>.*)$" | eval row1='a_1'." ".'b_1'." ".'c_1' | eval row2='a_2'." ".'b_2'." ".'c_2' | eval row3='a_3'." ".'b_3'." ".'c_3' | table row* | transpose | rex field="row 1" "(?<value1>[^ ]*) (?<value2>[^ ]*) (?<value3>.*)$" | table value*
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...