Splunk Search

How to calculate the percentage of two columns?

ajromero
Path Finder

Need to calculate the percentage of two columns- I have a search that gives me a total of two columns and I need to get the percentage like this: is what % column "Today" is of column "Grand" 

Here is the search I'm using

Here is the search

`duo_index` extracted_eventtype=authentication NOT auth_log_version=v2 result=SUCCESS | eval factor=if(factor=="n/a",reason,factor) | where factor!="None" and factor!="null" | eval factor=upper(factor) | stats count by factor
| eventstats sum(count) as total |appendpipe [stats sum(count) as "equal"]

|append[search `duo_index` extracted_eventtype=authentication NOT auth_log_version=v2 result=FAILURE | eval factor=if(factor=="n/a",reason,factor) | where factor!="None" and reason!="null" | stats count by reason | eventstats sum(count) as total |appendpipe [stats sum(count) as "total2"] ]
|eval perc=(total2/equal)*100 |table perc equal total2

Thank you

Labels (3)
Tags (4)
0 Karma

renjith_nair
Legend

Not sure if it's as simple as

eval perc = (valueA/ValueB)*100

Happy Splunking!
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...