Splunk Search

Need ideas for lookups

jgauthier
Contributor

All,

I am correlating two non-related data types. Email to ERP Customers. I am going to accomplish this by referencing the recipient email address in the ERP customer information.

What I did was load all the ERP customer information into splunk, and then attempted to join them:

get_outbound_email | join recipientlist [search sourcetype="SalesGroups" |eval recipientlist=lower(recipientlist)]  

This actually worked pretty good. Then I ran into a a snag. I want relevant email (current) but the "SalesGroup" information is going to be loaded weekly. So, when I correlate events in the last 4 hours, or even 24 hours, the results are blank because splunk is trying to query the "SalesGroup" source for that time frame too.

I don't think a CSV lookup will suffice in this case, because it's 400k records. However, if it will I can attemp that route.

If I could ignore time on the subsearch, that would be ideal.

Thanks for the ideas!

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

jgauthier
Contributor

BAH! That was too easy. earliest=-7d in the search string will work.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

jgauthier
Contributor

BAH! That was too easy. earliest=-7d in the search string will work.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...